Level Design Honours Project - Valorant Blockout "Space" Map Week 2 by Chris Lomax

Level Design Honours Project - Week 2 - Valorant Blockout "Space" Map

I have successfully blocked out the level to an extent where I am happy with it. I feel I have done a good job with scalability by working with metrics and ensuring that I play tested areas to make sure it didn't feel to spacious or too claustrophobic. I'm going to show my tutors my blockout in unreal engine 5 (pictures and a run through to see it live in action as well) to gather any feedback positive or negative.



A quick note here (for people who are already thinking, god those walls look huge!!) I have done this as the agents: Jett, Omen, Sage & Chamber have abilities that allow them to get higher ground, meaning if the roof / ceiling is low down, they would hit their head on the ceiling and their abilities would be N/A. Also I feel having huge walls with a high up ceiling suits the space station environment as well.


(I'm wondering if I should change the colour of the floor for the upstairs area, to make it easier on the eyes for viewers).

I have a few questions myself that I would like to ask the tutors (as I want to work as efficiently as possible, by investing my time in areas that are relevant to level design and my goal). I will be asking them both in class tomorrow (I will write down a few questions in a more formal manner). 

As this level is based in-doors 95% of the time, I'm curious if they want me to input a roof (does it have to look pretty?), as in the blockout stage the main focus is to ensure that the level flows well and if it doesn't in certain areas, it can be altered on the go. However, as this isn't a live project. I'm curious if they want me to add further detail and use solid block colours for the level too. Also if they want me to put in a roof, I will also need to focus on lighting!

To summarise the above, I'm on schedule to finish this project in-time. I have the blockout ready to input a roof, colours and lighting if necessary. And also, if anything needs altering, I can do that too. Once I have all of that complete, I will do a commentary walk through, along with a level design document. The LDD I'm a bit concerned about, as I don't want to confuse the reader by having too much going on at once. So I need to keep that in-mind.

Overall, I'm happy with the progress and look forward to the feedback I receive tomorrow and will put in action whatever I'm told is best to do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Level Design Honours Project - Valorant Blockout "Train" Map Week 1 Progression by Chris Lomax

Level Design Honours Project - Valorant Blockout "Space" Map (Submission!!) by Chris Lomax