Level Design Honours Project - Valorant Blockout "Train" Map Week 1 Progression by Chris Lomax
Level Design Honours Project - Week 1 - Valorant Blockout "Train" Map
After finishing my Space level design, I moved onto my next idea which was creating a level design around a train station location (with underground features & an accessible moving train). I will colour code the areas and create a key for it in my next blog post, along with progression images of the blockout in unreal engine 5 (which I will be starting shortly).
Below shows the top down view of the entire level, along with the underground locations (top is A, mid is mid & bottom is B). The two terrain on the level that kind of look like a "C" are the bombsite locations & planting areas. A is on the right & B is on the left. As the level is based in a train station, there are a lot of stair routes (verticality) however, they won't be too steep & will make the experience more fun while moving round the level.
Below I will show my initial sketches (on paper, which I don't usually do - I usually use my wacom with microsoft whiteboard, but I've started to feel more comfortable using pencil and paper).
Here is also the start of the 2d drawing, you can see from the final(ish) version above, I have made a lot of different changes to balance the level for both sides.





Comments
Post a Comment